Now is the time to be calling and booking your Cleaning & Servicing for your Heating System to ensure it is ready for the Heating Season!
Give us a call at 519-323-2000 or drop us an email from the website www.jjmclellan.ca
Fall & Winter Tips
- Check your water heater for any visible leaks or corrosion. If you are able to, empty the tank and refill to help avoid lime issues, which could cause the hot water heater to not run as efficiently. Any visible leaks, corrosion or decrease in hot water supply should be checked by a professional.
- Ensure all outdoor faucets are completely turned off.
- Replace your furnace filter before turning your furnace on for the first time.
- Have your furnace cleaned and serviced to ensure maximum performance and efficiency during the heating season.
- If you have completed any renovations or have never had your ducts cleaned, it is beneficial to do so approximately every 3 years to ensure all dust, pet dander and dirt is clean from your ducts. You and your family will not only breathe better, your heating system will also!
- If your heating system is over 15 years old you could benefit by upgrading to an Energy Star qualified model which would save money on your monthly energy costs.
- Change your furnace filter every 3-4 months, or more during the heating season, a dirty or clogged filter will cause the furnace to work harder and could also limit the air flow through the heating ducts.
- Ensure your furniture is away from heating & cooling vents as well as the cold air returns. If the grills are blocked your system will have to work harder and use more energy.
- Open your drapes on sunny days to let the sunshine (heat) into your home.
- Installing a programmable thermostat can help you save money by automatically lowering the temperature when you are away from home or at night and increasing the temperature before you wake up or get home home from work. *Union Gas also has a $15 rebate on right now for the purchase of a Programmable Thermostat. Click here for more information http://www.uniongas.com/residential/energyconservation/energysavings/thermostat.asp
Any questions just give us a call we are happy to help!