The best part of Summer is enjoying time outside with family and friends. What is your favourite part of your own back yard – how would you describe your “perfect” backyard space?
Could it be with a Gas BBQ?
Or perhaps an outdoor gas fireplace?
And to finish off your night what how about a dip in a swim spa?
Just add in a fabulous deck and green space with some family and friends… Id say this describes my perfect back yard 😉
Let us help make your back yard dreams come true! We can install your gas lines for the BBQ and gas fireplace as well as install your outdoor gas fireplace for instant cozy heat anytime of the year! We can even order your Hydropool Swim Spa for you as well.
Let the outdoors be an extension of your living space – enjoy your home in more ways during all seasons!
I personally love the cozy warmth that a fireplace provides to a home and even a back yard! Our customers had that exact thought in their mind when they moved into their home and began planning their backyard. When their patio was installed they had us come over and install a conduit with a gas line in it which would sit below the patio ready to be connected to a future back yard gas fireplace!
Here is our work in progress for the new fireplace in the backyard – I am excited to see the finished product once the guys get the fireplace in the frame and then the customer has the unit bricked around.
The first photo shows the conduit for the gas line going under the patio. The second photo shows the unit and the metal frame that the unit is mounted in. The third photo shows the unit and the gas line coming out of the conduit below the patio.
Very innovative and an excellent way to enjoy more outdoor living!
An awesome addition and investment for a back yard… instant, cozy warmth without the work of wood!
With this gorgeous spring weather many of us have had our heating systems turned off… until yesterday that is! We held off as long as we could, however at bedtime last night we had to turn the furnace back on. Our fireplace has also been running the odd time in the basement for the past couple weeks.
Now is a great time to ensure that your heating system is in tip top shape for heating season next year. Of course with cleaning and servicing there is no guarantee nothing will happen, however by having your equipment properly maintained and cleaned will not only save you in energy costs but also be cleaner in your home.
Indoor Spring Cleaning Tips
- Wipe down all your walls, lights and fans
- Dust shelves, door ways, trim, windows, art work/photos and around computers
- Dust or clean window coverings and window sills
- Clean windows & wash your window and door screens
- Clean behind your fridge & vacuum off the back
- Clean out and organize cupboards and fridge/freezer
- Change batteries in your smoke and CO detectors
- Check for any leaking taps or pipes
- Vacuum and clean bathroom fans
- Check grout on tiles, bathtub & shower – regrout if cracking
- Change or wash filters in your Furnace, Air Conditioner and HRV
- Schedule cleaning & servicing on your heating and cooling appliances
- Ensure furniture is moved away from registers – cold and hot air to ensure proper circulation
- Remove the cover from your Air Conditioner
- Clean area rugs (shampoo if necessary) and give furniture a good cleaning
- Declutter! Go through paper, recycle or file. Closets – coat closets, clothes closets. Donate things that no longer fit. Scan any paper work and then shred. Go through kids toys, garbage broken ones and donate any they no longer play with.
- Ensure your dryer vent is cleaned out and give your washer a good cleaning
- Visually inspect your Hot Water Heater, Furnace, Air Conditioner, Water Softener and any other plumbing or heating appliance to familiarize yourself with their sounds and ensure there are no visible leaks. *we do not recommend homeowners taking these appliances apart in anyway please leave the cleaning & servicing to a professional – home owners should perform visual inspections to ensure there is no water leaking or making unusual sounds.
Don’t forget your outdoors Spring Cleaning tasks … check out the tips over at the Reliance Home Comfort Blog – The Outdoor Spring Cleaning Checklist.