The Home Comfort People
We will heat you up and cool you down!
12 Spring Home & HVAC Tips and Hints!
- Clear any brush or debris away from your vents and air conditioner condenser outside.
- Remove any debris from your eavestrough and roof. Repair any leaks in the eaves to ensure proper drainage.
- Examine your roof to determine if any shingles were damaged or fallen off during the winter.
- Check all exterior taps to ensure once turned on there is no leak inside or out.
- Walk around your home and check the grading to ensure all landscaping, decking, patio stones or paving is properly slowing away from your home and safe with no cracks or broken deck boards.
- Check all exterior electrical plugs for proper operation – if there is any damage or a plug is not working be sure to call a qualified and licensed electrician to repair.
- Pull the lids off your septic tank (if you have one) and check to ensure the tank is properly draining. If you notice your tank has a lot of sludge in it or that your drains are gurgling or slow its time to book a septic tank pumping.
- Pull out all furniture from walls and thoroughly vacuum and clean behind and under them.
- Change your furnace filter and vacuum all registers and cold air returns by removing the grates and vacuuming into the duct openings.
- Check all windows and doors (inside and out) for any cracked caulking or wood damage.
- Check all indoor plumbing for any leaks and repair or call a professional as required. Ensure if you have a sump pump it is working properly so it is ready for the Spring thaw.
- Check for dampness in your basement to prevent any mould or mildue growth and ensure your rooms have proper air flow.
Arrange your Spring Cleaning and Service for your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) Equipment including your Furnace, Boiler, Water Heater, Air Conditioner, HRV, Unit Heater, Tube Heater etc…